Sunday, June 2, 2019

Road Kill

A few days ago all the road kill that we saw was snakes,but this has all changed,and now we see a collection of Racoons,the odd frog,turtles and ,to my surprise,armadillos.The turtles are mainly the common snapping turtle,at least that is what I have been told.I do not feel comfortable photographing road kill so you will just have to take my word for it.There are also a number of small birds ,all very sad.
 A cheese omlette for breakfast and a short days ride ahead,which always seems to mean we will have a headwind,which was exactly as it was.So Linda and Bill,Tom and Greg E and I set off in a pace line ,we picked up Jeff after a few kilometres and all rode together to the first stop.The stop took place in the car park of a Dairy Queen,which was shut-so no ice cream-but whilst we were there the owner/manager drove in and opened the shop so we could use the rest rooms,even though he had nothing ready to sell us.He also gave Paula his cell phone number so that she can ring him next year so he can have the shop up and running for the cyclists.
The scenery is unchanging,large fields,grass and wheat,but every now and again there is a monstrosity of one sort or another.I did have a photo of an oil facility but I cannot get it to load!
 From the stop we reformed the pace line but it sort of disintegrated with 20 Kms to go as folk took photos etc.Gave us a chance to have a faster run into town.
 Stopped at a subway to get E&I some lunch,which we ate in our room,as it was available at 13.00.I retreated to the pool and jacuzzi for a relax.No photos today technical problems,but there was not much to photograph.
Now in McPherson,1565 miles completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment